Your McAfee account contains your personal information as well as information about your subscription, which allows you to keep your software up-to-date by providing continuous updates of virus definitions. Internet security software should only be removed if you replace the software under a different brand because your computer will be vulnerable to spyware, viruses, and other malware that does not have Internet protection.
When you register an account on McAfee ServicePortal, you can access many features that are not available without registration:
- View knowledge center content for subscribers
- Download patches and product upgrades
- Submit service requests online
- View your licensed products and your rights
- Register product profiles to use in service requests
How to create mcafee account
- Open your web browser and go to http://home.mcafee.com from the Mac or the additional PC on which you are installing.
- Click My account, log in.
- Enter your email address and password set on registration time , and then click Sign In.
- If you do not have a McAfee account, select Are you a new user? Sign up now, follow the instructions to create your McAfee account, and then click Sign In.
- If you want the website to keep your username later, select Remember me.
If you logout accidently or any other reason then you can log in again on same device or other/new device. Disconnect and reconnect. Your computer may be entering an email address that is no longer valid.
If you log out, you can enter a valid email address to log back in:
- Go to http://home.mcafee.com.
- Click Disconnect (if displayed).
- Move your mouse to My Account, and then click Sign In from the list of options.
- If an email address is automatically displayed in the Email Address field, delete it.
- Type your saved e-mail address and password, and then click Sign In.
- In this way you can login in mcafee account again.